After Easter, you can sometimes be overwhelmed with chocolate. Or particularly after everything gets reduced! My favourite Easter chocolate is Mini Eggs and this amazing recipe incorporates them into a brownie like cookie. They crack on the top and are really crunchy. Once you get into the middle, it is all soft and gooey. These treats are perfect accompanied by ice cream or cream.
Ingredients (makes eight):
- 100g dark chocolate
- 90g plain flour
- 75g brown sugar
- 50g of mini eggs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the chocolate up and put in a bowl along with the butter.
- Stir it in a large heatproof bowl set over simmering water until melted.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and sugar.
- Once the chocolate has cooled, fold the egg and sugar mixture into the chocolate and then add the flour mixture.
- Cut the mini eggs into pieces.
- Make small round balls of the mixture on the baking tray and add the mini eggs on top.
- Place in the oven for ten minutes.
I can’t wait to try these again with different kinds of chocolate!
DISCLAIMER: This recipe was adapted from Paris Pastry Club by Fanny Zanoti.