New year, new me, right? But dieting food can be so boring! It is usually so expensive also. So, why not spice it up with these healthy Mexican Wraps. They are bursting with flavour and spice and are perfect for lunch or dinner. Whatever the weather, you can get stuck in and enjoy these tangy treats.
Ingredients (makes eight):
- Six tomatoes
- Four mushrooms
- One onion
- One can of black beans
- One tsp of chipotle paste
- One tsp of oil
- Half a pepper
- Handful of coriander
- Dollop of tomato puree
- Heat a large frying pan with some oil.
- Chop the onion into diced pieces.
- Slide into the pan.
- Then, chop the pepper into the same size as the onion.
- Also, add this to the pan.
- Cut the mushrooms into slices and if needed in half again.
- Place these in the pan.
- Open the can of black beans, drain and pour into the pan.
- Slice the tomatoes in half.
- Then, add to the pan.
- Finely chop the coriander.
- Afterwards, add to the pan.
- Mix all the tomato puree and chipotle paste together and stir into the sauce evenly.
- Leave for around ten minutes to enhance the flavour and then serve in the wraps.
I decided to top my wraps with some avocado and sour cream but you could add some cheese and place in the oven to melt or even make a chilli dressing!