Banana is a baker’s best friend when it comes to sweet treats. They can be used it in almost anything! But one of the recipes that they are used best in is bread. I absolutely love banana bread. However, what happens when you add pecans? I was a little sceptical of this. By adding them, it makes the bread toasty and delicious. What a surprising combination!
- 225g of plain flour
- 175g of brown sugar
- 115g of butter
- 75g of pecans
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp of mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease the baking tin and line it with non-stick baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs, beating after each addition until it is well combined.
- Peel and mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add them to the creamed mixture.
- Roughly chop the pecan nuts.
- Then, add those to the creamed mixture.
- Sift together the flour and mixed spice.
- Fold into the banana mixture.
- Pour into the tin and bake for around one hour to one hour and a quarter.
DISCLAIMER: This recipe was inspired by the one in the recipe book Complete Vegetarian.