Honestly, I haven’t had avocado toast much in my life but quite recently I had it for lunch. I couldn’t believe what I had been missing out on! Velvety, silky avocado on a lightly toasted crunchy piece of bread sprinkled with black pepper and topped with lemon juice. Avocado is just so full of potential and that weekend I had it almost with every meal (apart from breakfast). To top it off I decided to have a soft boiled with it. Heaven. No seriously.
- Half an Avacado
- Two Slices of Bread
- An Egg
- Black Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Firstly, slice the halved avocado into fine strips.
- Toast or grill the bread until it starts to brown.
- Boil the egg for around four minutes.
- Place the avocado strips on top of the toasted bread.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the avocado evenly on the toast.
- Cut any larger pieces of avocado to make them smaller.
- Squeeze some lemon juice on top and sprinkle some black pepper.
- Deshell the egg and balance in the middle of the toast.
As well as this, I had a light salad with it. It had carrots, peppers, tomatoes and rocket in it and was garnished with a classic dressing. Avocado Toast is one of the best things ever invented!