Cookies are probably one of my favourite unhealthy snacks! They are just so simple and easy to make. If you just gave me any type of cookie, I would basically just eat it! These cookies have cocoa powder in to make them that brown colour and taste divine with the added marshmallows! They have an amazing consistency and are very goey.
Ingredients (makes eight cookies):
- 175g of self-raising flour
- 75g of soft light brown sugar
- 25g of cocoa powder
- 100g of butter
- 100g of marshmallows
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1 tbsp of golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugar, butter and golden syrup using a wooden spoon.
- Once light and fluffy, stir in the flour, cocoa powder, milk and marshmallows.
- When all the ingredients are fully combined, place a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Using an ice cream scoop, measure out eight equally sized spoonfuls of mixture on the tray and allow space between them to spread.
- Flatten slightly using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about twenty minutes.
These cookies were absolutely amazing with the marshmallows as when they were cooking the marshmallows created a sort of caramel around them. I served these cookies with ice cream but you could just eat them as they are or use a different sauce or accompaniment.