Flapjacks are possibly one of the greatest tray backs ever invented. They are so easy and simple to make and take under twenty minutes to prepare the ingredients. They also keep really well and are great as a mid-morning or afternoon snack. Flapjacks are very customisable as well. You can put practically any suitable ingredients in them! I decided to add glace cherries and apricots to the mix, but you can put whatever you choose in if you want.
- 450g rolled oats
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 300g unsalted butter
- 50g golden syrup
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g glace cherries
- 50g apricots
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
- Mix the oats with the sugar.
- Then melt the butter with the golden syrup very gently over a low heat.
- Once the mixture has started to melt, add the oats and sugar.
- Cut the glace cherries and apricots in quarters.
- Add those to the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the tin.
- Sprinkle the flapjacks with some sesame seeds and cook for twenty-five minutes.
These flapjacks are amazing; you just have to try them! I especially love the golden syrup, it just adds a wonderful sugary sweetness to the flapjacks. These are also so good as they keep for ages and are a nice snack to keep you going until your next meal.