This pasta dish is super simple and really easy to make. It combines the flavours of garlic, prawn and a variety of vegetables into a delicious meal. The succulent prawns really add a good texture in your mouth to switch up from the soft vegetables and pasta. This recipe uses tagliatelle but any type of pasta will do, it is completely up to you.
Ingredients (serves four):
- One onion
- One clove of garlic
- One red pepper
- One courgette
- One sprig of parsley
- One packet of pasta of your choice
- Two sage leaves
- Five rosemary leaves
- Six mushrooms
- Six to seven large tomatoes
- Eight prawns
- 20ml of olive oil
- 30ml of white wine
- Salt and pepper
- A pinch of thyme
- A squeeze of tomato puree
- Shell the prawns and place in the fridge until needed.
- Pour the oil olive into the pan and add the sage leaves.
- Finely dice the onion and add to the pan.
- When the onion has softened, finely dice the pepper and add that to the pan also.
- Once the pepper has softened. finely dice the courgette and mushrooms.
- Then crush the garlic and add the courgette, mushrooms and garlic to the pan,
- Afterwards add some sweet paprika, rosemary leaves and thyme.
- Pour in the white wine.
- Skin and deseed the fresh tomatoes and chop the flesh.
- Cook down and add the tomato puree and salt and pepper.
- Leave for as long as you like.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Towards the end of cooking add the fresh parsley and then serve.
- Serve by placing the pasta in the bottom of your dish and then arrange the prawns before adding the sauce.
This pasta recipe is actually my Dad’s and it is so amazing, you have to try it! Of course, if you don’t like prawns you don’t have to add them, this dish is so good without them as well.