Who agrees with me that crumble can be enjoyed at any time of year not just in winter? Sour and tart, yet sweet and smooth at the same time, rhubarb and strawberries are real treats for the taste buds. Crumble is so easy to make and this one lets the rosy colour of rhubarb shine through. It can also be enjoyed hot or cold, unlike most crumbles which is a huge bonus. This recipe will take you to good food heaven and here’s how to make it.
- 150g plain flour
- 75g cold butter
- 85g soft brown sugar
- 25g rolled oats
- 50g ground almonds
- Generous pinch of salt
- 350g rhubarb
- 200g strawberries
- 75g caster sugar
- 25g ground almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the rhubarb into 1cm chunks and the strawberries in half.
- For the topping, mix the flour with the salt and the butter.
- Then, rub the flour and butter together until you have a breadcrumb like texture.
- Afterwards, add the sugar, oats and ground almonds.
- In another bowl, mix the rhubarb and strawberries with sugar.
- Sprinkle the base of a round Pyrex dish with almonds.
- Add the fruit to the dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle on top the filling and spread that around also.
- Once you are happy that the filling and topping is evenly dispersed, place in the oven until is baked through and golden brown.
There you have it, a delicious pudding to be enjoyed in any season, in any weather! If you don’t like strawberries or rhubarb, why not switch it out to something different? Let me know in the comments some other fruit combinations.
Have you noticed the slight revamp of my blog? If you are reading this on my blog then you may have noticed the blog dividers on the sidebar as well as at the bottom of the site. I really like them and I hope you do too.
Thanks once again for all the love and support we are each day creeping closer to one hundred followers! That day will definitely come soon, don’t worry….