When it comes to sweet treats, you can’t beat a good slice of Rocky Road. With gooey marshmallows and lush chocolate, who doesn’t enjoy a sneaky piece every now and again? Obviously, this isn’t the healthiest thing in the world, so with the dried fruit in this recipe you could add more or change which ones you put in. I decided to put in glace cherries, apricots and raisins.
- 200g dark chocolate
- 2-3 tbsp golden syrup
- 135g butter
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 200g plain biscuits
- 150g dried fruit
- Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Scoop out about half a cup of this melted mixture and place to one side.
- Crush the biscuits in a bowl or a freezer plastic bag with a rolling pin. When crushing the biscuits don’t be too firm about it as you still want chunks as well as finer bits.
- Cut up the dried fruit into small pieces and place to one side.
- Fold the mashed and broken biscuits into the melted chocolate mix in the saucepan.
- Afterwards, add the marshmallows and dried fruit and continue to mix in.
- Tip the mixture into a lined baking tray, making sure that the whole mixture is evenly layered.
- Add the melted mixture you put to the side earlier and spread out on top.
- Refrigerate this for a least two hours and dust with icing sugar when you serving.
And there you go! A delicious chocolatey snack that can be enjoyed as treat in any type of weather.
As I have mentioned in my previous post, I am going to be posting on my blog three times a week which started on Monday. This will allow me to share more content with you and hopefully will inspire you or make you think.