I tried this recipe out a few days ago with my best friend and they turned out so good! We attempted to make a melted chocolate sauce to pipe into the middle but when making it in the microwave we sort of burnt it. Next time I make them, I might top it with dried banana or a chocolate ganache. These muffins are so much fun to make and take at the most thirty minutes in total. They are packed full of luxurious chocolate and sugary banana.
Ingredients (makes 10 large muffins or 12 small muffins):
- 225g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100g chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 large bananas
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Beat the egg, oil, milk and bananas together.
- Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients bowl.
- Stir together until the mixture is lumpy and slightly sticky.
- Use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to place the mixture in a lined muffin tin; fill the cases half way as they rise a lot.
- Bake them for 20 to 25 minutes.
I absolutely love how they turned out and from the original recipe you need to make a well but we didn’t I think that they probably turned out even better then they were supposed to!