Any day anyway, pasta is one of my favourite dishes. I especially like Penne Giardiniera at Carluccio’s (I am craving it right now as I write this post!) This pasta bake is for vegetarians but I have included an alternative recipe with ingredients for vegans as well.
Ingredients (for 2 people):
- 200g pasta (any shape)
- Jar of pasta bake or tomato sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50g Lentils
- 100g Mixed Vegetables
- 1 Pepper
- 50g breadcrumbs
- Handful of cheese
- Preheat the oven to a medium heat/180° C/Gas Mark 4
- Boil a saucepan of pasta and cook according to packet ingredients.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking prepare the vegetables.
- Drain the pasta using a colander and place the colander on top of the empty saucepan.
- Mix the vegetables and lentils together in a bowl.
- Prepare the sauce.
- Arrange the mixture in an ovenproof dish and pour the sauce on top.
- Place the breadcrumbs on top and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes.