I absolutely love toasties and this recipe I am going to share is one of my favourite ways a toastie should be. The best thing about this toastie is the fact that the mozzarella goes all stringy and melts which is just so yummy! The breadsticks alongside this are a perfect combo (the breadsticks I have are pesto breadsticks from Waitrose’s Waitrose 1 Range)
Ingredients: (makes one toastie)
- 2 slices of whatever bread you want (I chose to use sourdough because it tastes divine toasted!)
- Slice the tomatoes into even slices which are not too thick but not too thin.
- Slice the mozzarella in any way you like, but I like to slice it thickly.
- Spread the pesto on both slices of bread.
- Arrange the tomatoes and mozzarella (I like to have the mozzarella on the bottom with the tomatoes layered on top!)
- Grill evenly for 6-8 minutes on each side.
I also decided to have a fruit salad along side this afterwards, I just used chopped apples, banana and slices of orange. I wish I would have put some mango in as mango is just so delicious but the only way to really enjoy the taste of it is to use fresh mango which can get pricey. If you wanted to add mango, I’d recommend going to your local market or high street and looking in independent stores. Their mangoes are usually divine!
Please can you sign my petition to force companies to stop using palm oil in their products. Visit http://bit.ly/WildPetition to sign it.