Ingredients (for the Tomato and Mushroom Risotto)
- 75g risotto rice
- 3-4 large mushrooms
- 1 Stock Cube or Stock Powder
- 1 tbsp of oil or 15g of margarine
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Approx. 500ml of water (enough to cover the vegetables and rice)
- Tomato Sauce either with or without vegetables
- Wash all the vegetables, prepare and chop the asparagus if needed.
- Pour the oil or margarine into the frying pan and toss the onion and garlic in as well. Fry for 3-4 minutes or until the onion has softened on a medium heat.
- Add all the vegetables (note that soft vegetables take less time so make sure you cook each type of vegetable for the right amount of time)
- Add the rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock cube or stock powder and water.
- When it starts to boil, turn the heat down and simmer for 20 minutes or until water is reduced, occasionally stirring to avoid burning and it sticking to the pan.
- 5-10 minutes before the end of cooking, add the tomato sauce and stir in well.